Google AdSense Action
13th of February, 2013Type of Action: Standalone Action (to use it, either click and hold on the Freeway tool, choose the Action from the list and draw an item on the page OR go to Insert>Action Item and choose the Action from the list).
What the Action can do: This Action lets you do the following:
- It lets you use Google Adsense advertising content on your web pages.
For more information about how the service works, and to register your site, visit the AdSense website. Once you have registered, Google will check their site to make sure that it conforms with their regulations. When this process is complete - which can take a few days - they will send out a confirmation email containing a link to your account on the AdSense site. Login to the site and go to the "My Account" page to get your AdSense code - you only need the ID that will look like this: "pub-ABC123456789".
To use the Action, click and hold on the Actions tool button on Freeway's tool bar, choose Google Adsense then draw an item on your page. With the item selected you can see the options in the Actions palette:
- Adsense Code: Enter your "pub-xxxx" Google Adsense code in this field.
- Advert size: Click and hold on this popup to choose from one the predefined Google Adsense ad panel sizes.
- Ad type: Click on this popup and choose from the three options of Text and images, Text Ads Only or Image Ads Only. This lets you choose whether the adverts used will be graphical or textual (or both).
- Corner Style: Click and hold on this popup to choose the type of corners you wish to use on your Adsense advert panel. This lets you choose from Square, Slightly rounded or Very rounded.
- The Text and Colors options let you choose the styling of the box panel and the text inside it. See the screenshot below to see how the default settings for the Leaderboard 728 x 90 Adsense panel looks like. The Border Color controls the border around the entire panel; the Advert Color controls the background color of the ad panel; the Title Color controls the "title" text heading of each individual Adsense advert (such as "Fast Cars", "Auto Dealers", etc.; Text Color controls the bodytext used in the adverts; and URL Color controls the hyperlinks which appear in green on the screenshot below.
Note: The adverts Freeway shows are fictional and should not be seen as an endorsement for any coincidentally similar product or service.